How to Measure
To measure properly, you’ll need a piece of paper larger than your foot, a pencil, and a measuring tape.
- Stand and place the paper on the floor in front of you. If you like, you can tape the paper to the floor to keep it from sliding around. Put your foot on the paper.
- Use a pencil to trace all the way around your foot. Try to keep the pencil perpendicular to the paper.
- When you’ve completely traced your foot, flip the paper over and trace your other foot on the reverse side.
- Use a tape measure to find the length of your foot at its longest point.
Helpful Measuring Tips
Keep these tips in mind to help you get the best results from your measurement:
- Take your measurements at the end of the day, especially if you know your feet tend to swell throughout the day.
- When measuring, wear the socks or tights you plan to wear with this pair of shoes.
- Always trace and measure both feet, since it’s common for one foot to be a bit larger than the other. Use the largest foot to find your shoe size.
- If you’re having trouble keeping your balance while tracing, do it next to a chair or table that you can hold to steady yourself. Some people also find it easier to have a friend trace the foot.